This meal is definitely a crowd pleaser. More so, it makes a great mid-week meal for your family.
- 1 lb Red beans, small
- 1 lb Small beans (red ones)
- 2 lbs Ham shanks
- 4 cloves Garlic, properly minced
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Onion, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup Celery, properly chopped
- 1 cup Bell pepper, finely chopped and green one
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning as per your preference
- Pepper and salt
- Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups Raw white rice
- Dried beans should be placed in a big bowl, which should be covered by cold water; it must be only a few inches above it. Soak it overnight or for eight hours.
- After draining, place ham shanks, beans, chopped onions, garlic, and water in a large pot, filled with water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Then, cover the lid and reduce the flame to simmer for about one and a half hours.
- You need to remove the ham shanks from the pot.
- Get the meat shredded, after it has cooled down.
- Then, add bell peppers, celery, and Worcestershire.
- You need to then cover it with a lid and let it cook for an hour more. Switch the gas off when the mixture gets thicker. Serve over rice.
Enjoy this scrumptious dish with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.