This is a typically rich Southern dish and each time you have it, it tastes so good. the flavor of cheese and garlic simply melts in your mouth.
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Quick grits, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, to be shredded
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic salt
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup, condensed
- You will first have to heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Now, take a big baking dish, about 2 quart, and spray it with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, in a big saucepan, boil the water and add and stir garlic salt and grits.
- Reduce the heat to a medium low. Cover it for about 6 to 7 minutes till you notice it getting thickened. Keep stirring occasionally from time to time.
- Now, stir the soup and add margarine, and mix it properly.
- Take a baking dish and spread across this mixture evenly.
- Now, sprinkle paprika and cheese.
- At 350 degrees bake it for around 20 minutes or when edges get bubbly and the cheese starts to melt.
These grits are creamy and so smooth. It comes out as a perfect side dish for brunch time.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.