Nothing will taste better than a delectable dish like Black eyed peas. Sometimes, all you need is a simple yet tasty meal like this.
- 1 White onion finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Bag of black eyed peas
- Smoked ham or turkey
- 7-8 cup Chicken broth (should be soaked in the beans)
- Black pepper and red peeper (optional)
- Wash properly the black eyed peas. After setting it aside, chop garlic and onion.
- In a big pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then saute garlic and onion, until it gets a bit soft and tender.
- Then, add black eyed peas, chopped meat, and chicken broth.
- Then, cover it until it starts to boil. For one hour let it simmer and keep heat at a medium pace.
- When black eyed peas get tender, you should turn off the flame.
- Remove from the stove and set it aside for 15 minutes.
Make sure that you do season this meal with black or red pepper. It will add zing to this dish.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.